Every 1st of January, millions of people make promises that they know they will not keep.
“I’ll go to the gym every day”, they say. Or “I’ll start losing weight”. Or “I’ll finally write that novel”. I know, because I’m that person. I’m that girl who promises the moon on the 31st of December only to crash and burn about 10 days later.
And yet I can’t seem to stop. So here it goes.
- I’ll take my dogs for 200 hikes in the woods.
- I’ll cut out chips and unhealthy snacks. I’ll keep eating chocolate, but only quality chocolate and no more than 3 ounces per week
- No more soft drinks (1 small drink per month is acceptable)
- I’ll work out every single day for at least 10 minutes. Sure, it’s not a huge amount of time, but it’s better to do something, rather than nothing. I can always find 10 minutes somewhere during and entire day.
- Walks for lunch: at least a 20 minutes walk every working day. This should add up to about 220 walks in a year. This helps, especially during the winter weeks, when it’s hard to get enough sun where I live.
- Keep the 7:30 – 3:30 eating pattern for the entire year. Even on vacation.
So there you have it folks. My ambitious plans for 2017.